Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 26:10 — 47.9MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Welcome to podcast #87 everybody! Today we’re talking about how you can stop trading time for money – we’ve heard a few interesting stories lately which we’d love to share!
What did Heather Porter and Andrew McCauley learn this week?
Heather LOVES it when you guys reach out via social media or emails. Here’s a shout out for Podcast Intros.com – where you can get your podcast voiceovers and introductions done – thanks for reaching out and what a great service!
Andrew heard on the news this week that Europe is now going to let you talk on your mobile phone during flights – what kind of can of worms will this open up? The airlines are to police it themselves but we can imagine there will be some fairly annoyed passengers if people talk on their phones the whole way through a flight! It will be interesting to see how that pans out across the world…
Stop trading time for money!
Do you offer services that are often custom or one to one? It’s time to make your business scaleable and the one to many model is the way to do it. Here are some things you should consider to break into the one to many model…
- Have platforms and tools where you can answer questions and teach lessons in an environment where many people can come. We love Google Hangouts but you could also use a webinar platform.
– Use for “open hours” where you give direct access to people (free or paid).
– Use for live trainings, webinar style and then sell products to people.
– Do demonstrations.
– Give away great content (such as interviews).
– Use private hangouts for members of your membership site.
- Have a membership site – create content once that people access again and again or create new content regularly. We have one to help business owners cut through all the information that is out there on internet marketing – it’s a world that changes constantly so we need to change the content all the time. Check it out at Digital Traffic Institute…
- FAQ library – do you answer the same questions all the time? Create training videos or blog posts and direct people to those…
- Custom vs template – if you keep doing custom, you’ll never be able to train members and replace yourself because you’ll keep shifting the goal posts. You will be tied to a job forever if you keep saying yes to custom work. Get specific about what you do and don’t offer and specialise in those areas.
- Get your tools together for automation;
– Email system
– Project management system
– Help/customer service