Welcome to episode #64! We’re talking all about Social Media SEO and how you need to properly optimise your social media profiles. Most people have unfinished profiles all over the internet and considering how much work you do to represent yourself and your business, you want to make sure you’re looking your best!
What did Andrew and Heather learn this week?
Heather was checking some things on Twitter when she found that the look of it has been changing! This is being slowly rolled out around the world and is looking more like Facebook. There is more emphasis on the visual elements….
Andrew stumbled across Amazon Fresh – a site that home-delivers fresh food on next-day order. The method of ordering is what really stands out – you can stand next to your pantry and record your voice saying what you need!
Social Media SEO
There are two sides to it:
1. Optimising the content in your social profiles
2. Making sure your site content is able to be and attractive enough to be shared.
Optimising Your Social Profiles
- Make sure the key words you want to be known for are inside all of your profiles (without stuffing!).
- If you have a bricks and mortar premises, make sure your address is included.
- Google+ profile should have physical address to show in search results.
- You can include a whole catalogue of links and keywords in Google+ – if you’re not on it get on there!
- Use accounts where your people hang out – for example, a fashion designer should be on Pinterest.
- Post regularly. People can check out your profile at any time and it’s not a good look if you haven’t been using it.
- Make sure people can share your content! You should have your social share buttons set up for all your content. They also show people social proof where the counter is displayed. WordPress plug-ins that help with this include TF Social Share.
- Don’t limit networks in the sharing set-up to only those you are on – it is still a good idea to allow people to share on other sites that they are on.
5 Tips for better Social Media SEO
- Optimise your ‘about’ sections on all platforms. (Remember to use the correct category field on Facebook).
- Optimise your content on social media – use your business name once in a while when you post things.
- Build links by making your content shareable.
- Sign up for Google+ and spend 10 minutes per day learning it. (Try hangouts instead of paid webinar accounts!).
- Get on Google local listings.
Check out the new Online Masterplan Series! This covers anything and everything about social media and you can watch the first 3 videos for free…