Hi everyone and welcome to podcast #53! Today we’re expanding further on what we’ve discussed before with landing pages and are talking about the various places you can actually put a landing page. We’ve found that many people get confused about what landing pages are, how to use them and where to put them.
What did Andrew and Heather learn this week?
Heather stumbled across a blog post from razorsocial.com where marketing experts talked about their favourite WordPress plugins. They talked about one called “Opt-in Monstor”. It has different types of intuitive and well-designed pop-ups you can use in different areas of your site. The price starts at $54 for one website and goes up from there with some bulk pricing.
Andrew learnt that Google is now cracking down on guest posting, which was a great way to have links back to your site. The idea is to cut back on spammy-type posts that really are not related to your core topic. It’s not to say that you shouldn’t do any or have some guest posts on your own site, but they are wanting high quality content that is relevant.
What is it? A webpage that is either a sales page or opt-in/squeeze page. The aim of them is to get the visitor to take some kind of specified action. They sit either independently or within your site and are very specifically designed for the action you want people to take.
We also use them for text marketing and through print items using QR codes.
You do not need a new domain each time
You can do domain re-directs to pages in your website. We recommend using short domains that relate to what you’re doing. For example we have aybpodcasts.com which re-directs here and is much easier to remember.
The look of the landing page
You don’t want your landing page to look like other pages on your website. For example, you don’t want your website navigation to show. A couple of tools we like are;
- Lead Pages – this is a subscription service where you get to access a range of templates for landing pages. They have already done the testing to see what works on the page. It is very easy to use and you will have a landing page ready within minutes. They will even host your page for you if you don’t want to have your own page or don’t have a website already.
- Optimize Press – a bit more advanced as there are more design options available. It also creates membership sites, blogs and launch funnels.
These tools are also available to use as WordPress plug-ins.
After recording this Podcast, Andrew wanted to show you how NOT to get people to sign up for your offers….
Where can you use them?
- Use from within your website to create a sales page (here’s an example of one of ours).
- Embed within videos (e.g. YouTube videos on your website – they don’t have to be your own video!)
- Blog posts – include banners that link to your landing page.
- Social Media – link within posts or you can embed them in apps within Facebook.
Where can you find more information?
Check out our VIP Lounge where we are providing loads of the latest digital marketing information every week; Click Here
To see our landing page for our Online Survival Guide, Click Here
Got questions or comments about landing pages? Please let us know below…
*Autopilot Your Business may be affiliated with some products mentioned.