Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 27:01 — 49.5MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Hello everybody! Welcome to podcast #74! Today we are talking about how to monitor your brand online – how do you keep a handle on what’s being said online about your brand?
What did Andrew & Heather learn this week?
Andrew learnt that Twitter are launching website tags for re-marketing. This means that where someone visits your website and you have the pixels added, when that person goes on Twitter they can automatically show them one of your promoted tweets.
Lately we have talked a lot about Google Authorship. However, Heather found today that Google have announced that they are dropping the author photo and number in Google Plus circles from the search result. You will still get your byline showing, however, we wonder if with a photo now missing you will get less clicks…
How to monitor your brand online
Keeping a weather-eye on your brand is a must online these days! You need to know what people are saying and give yourself the opportunity to respond. Here are a few tools that will help:
- Mention – use this to monitor keyword phrases such as your business name. You can see where your name is being used all over the internet. This includes anywhere – social media, websites, blogs and review sites.
- Yelp – monitor any reviews on your business!
- Google Places – make sure your listing is correct and check any reviews that are coming up.
- Talk Walker – This one monitors what’s being said about you on social media.
- Twilert – this alert service is solely for Twitter monitoring. You get alerts delivered immediately around your name, brand or keyword phrases. You can even set location.
What can you do with these once you have the info?
- Decide how to use the data – you could for example, take screen grabs of any good reviews as testimonials.
- Reach out proactively to negative reviewers. If you can turn a critic into a raving fan that is incredibly powerful!
- Brand awareness – how can you reciprocate for those who are mentioning you positively?