What did Andrew and Heather learn this week?
Andrew learnt something cool for video and audio! An app on iPad called Swift speeds up not only videos, but audio as well. So you can stream the information faster, but you can also bookmark sections to go back to. This is a good overwhelm-busting tip if you have a lot of video/audio to get through.
Heather talked to a number of people this week who are overwhelmed about where to start with an online business. They tend to look for a web designer rather than a web strategist first, then later end up not being sure that the website will work. You need 3 different people: a strategist, a designer then a coder to put the design into action. What you really want is a website built to suit your online strategy!
Overcoming Overwhelm Online
- Think about the end goals, then work backwards. Map out each separate component of those end goals that you need, then seek to fill each one (including asking for help if you need!). The right team behind you is a key point!
- Remember to come from the perspective of what’s in it for the other person when approaching for help.
- Remember: “this too shall pass”.
- Systemise! When you insert systems into what you need to do, you spend less time running around putting out fires. You can also more easily delegate tasks out.
- Start somewhere! Even doing a small piece at a time and doing it well is much better than doing nothing.
- Identify ‘why’ you are doing the things you do. What is your purpose with activities such as social media?
- Be very clear on your business bigger picture – such as target market and purpose. From there take it one step at a time.